Friday, June 18, 2010

VBS 2010

This past week has been VBS! Our theme was The Life of Paul. My intention was to go and take Matthew everyday and just kick back and enjoy a leisure week; that was until the Wednesday before when I was asked to help out. I couldn't say no and the next thing I knew, I had my own area I needed to decorate and a part to play! I never would have imagined it would turn out to be so much fun though. Of course it was a long week and i was glad for Friday to get here but I had a blast!

MONDAY
Matt kicked off the week with his devilish little grin!


TUESDAY
T and Matt heading to class


Various pictures of the Market Place











learning about tents. Abbye is in the center with the ball cap on


WEDNESDAY
More pics of the Market Place:
Wood Shop


Cloth Shop


Meat Market


Bread Shop





Captain T's Fish Stand


Food court in the center


My jewelry shop


Matt's class





picking out a song to sing!


THURSDAY
me goofing off before VBS


Matt and the snake he found that morning (the snake owner eventually spotted the snake and wanted it returned. this caused a meltdown so the owner was nice enough to let him keep the snake and they would get another one. then after all that, matt leaves it on the floor and oz chewed his tail off)














helping themselves to my jewels





FRIDAY
the last day of VBS
Add Image
Captain T with his new fish sandwich!








close up of the bread shop











A few pictures that Michelle snapped during the week:
Me dressed up and ready for Day 1








talking to the children about gemstones and the Bible!