Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a couple odds and ends

First off I want to share my excitement in having another niece! Justin and Rachel welcomed a new baby girl into the world on Tuesday Feb 16. She weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and her name is Skyler Ann. Mom and baby are doing fine as far as we have heard. I am hoping to see pictures of her soon but all I can do is sit back and wait!

As for here on the home front, day 2 and 3 of swim class have gone extremely well. Matthew and I have been getting there a little early and getting in about 45 minutes in the pool then a 15 minute break before his 50 minute class so the past 2 night he has been wore out (and so have I)! On Day 2 he had a guy instructor and he really liked him. The funny story from Day 2 was Matthew coming out of the pool yelling (and I do mean yelling loudly) "watch out! a big shark!" It was hilarious. His teacher was behind him just laughing and we couldn't figure out why he was saying that. Fast forward to the end of class - We walk by the shallow area that the slide dumps into and Matt points in the water and tells me "mom, a big shark". I then realize that he is seeing the big black drain/grating thing on the bottom of the pool. When I tell him that it isn't a shark he asks "is it a whale?" I was about to bust out laughing. He was so serious and just knew it had to be something cool. I had to explain it is just a drain and his facial expression totally changed and he walks off saying "no shark, just a drain." And while we are in the locker room getting changed he keeps asking what every ones name is. Every person that walks by he says "Whats her name mom?" I try to explain to him that we don't know every ones' name and then he starts asking them "hey whats your name?". I don't know what happened to the shy little boy who wouldn't talk!!

Day 3 had him jumping off the side of the pool, putting his mouth and nose in the water to blow bubbles, learning to float on his back, and he even sweet talked his lady instructor into taking him down the big slide not once but twice after class! And once again asking who every one is in the locker room!

Lets see, what else.... Jeff got to spent all morning Tuesday at the dentist. I am sure he is really loving me for making the appointment for him! Some cavities filled and some super duper cleaning and he is good to go for the next little bit. And I am sure if he has it his way then it will be more like years not months before he goes back!