Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Event

Saturday morning I met with Christy to get in a nice 6 mile walk! it sure felt good and has been a while since we have met up to walk.

Afterwards, Jeff and Matt headed to t-ball practice and I met up with Becky and Sarah to go to the sorority spring event.



Our sorority joins several other chapters under an umbrella "city council". This event was for the entire council and all chapters.

It was neat to see so many different women. We were a little late because appearantly I wasnt being a good navigator and didnt read the directions right so I made Sarah miss a turn. We went a few miles out of the way but got there none the less!

So since we were late there werent 3 seats together at any table so we all sat with different groups. The ladies I sat with were hilarious! One lady is 72, one is 71, the others were 60's I would say. This sorority has been a part of their lives for 40-50+ years. When I think of that I am amazed.

To think that they have had a group of women to be there through all different life stages. It is really neat to me. It did make me think of my gran though. I wish she would have found this group and made friends. Now that I am experiencing life with friends it is so awesome! I am saddened a little that she never had this through all her moving and with pap in the army and such.

It was such a great experience and I look forward to many more all chapter events!