Friday, August 12, 2011

Dr Apppointment Day


So Fri morning Matthew and I were on the road early for my dr appointment. We got there about 10 minutes early and were seen pretty quick. I didnt see Dr H this time because he is out of town but I got to see Lauren who is my fav NP! I talked to her about my last bloodwork which all looks good. We have kept my thyroid levels under control which is a relief! I also talked to her about my hands being numb all the time and the severe pain in my wrists with certain movement. Turns out carpal tunnel is common in later pregnancy as you have some swelling and the nerves are constricted. I will be sleeping in wrist braces from here on out to relieve some of the pain but it wont go away completely until after birth. So looks like having numb tingly hands for the next couple months will be how I roll!

We talked about some braxton hicks contractions that I have had and the frequency of them. We also discussed doing an ultrasound to check little mans growth since my thyroid can cause slow growth and such and she wanted to check my cervical length just to make sure the contractions arent doing anything.

So we could either make an appointment for 2:30 that afternoon or hang out and be worked in because they had alot on the u/s side and only one u/s tech. So we figured we would just hang out. So here is was 8:30am and we were back in the waiting room. The one lady came out shortly after and said it would be 11:30 at earliest if we wanted to go run around or anything. So Matt and I went to Super Target and hung out for a bit. We were back in the waiting room by 11am just in case we were called early.

Well we sat and waited and waited and waited and were finally called about 1pm by the u/s tech they had to call in from Franklin to come help out!

So time to take a peek at jackpot. She asked if we knew what the sex was and I said last we saw it was a boy no doubts. She said good because the further along you get the harder to get decent gender shots. And wouldnt ya know the first thing we see is jackpot in all his glory! She got a chuckle and said well he is all boy and very proud to show his stuff!!



She measured his arms and legs and abdomen and head and things look good. Of course the official report goes to the dr and we will know the measurements soon. As for cervical length it was just fine!

His heartbeat was 137 and sounded great!


And he is actually head down and was kind of squished so it was hard to get a decent profile picture but if you look close you can make out this one. See his nose and mouth, etc.


So after 6 hours at the doctors office we were both ready to come home! Now we are on to 2 week appointments and looks like we have about 10 weeks to go before little man is here!!