Driving on the real Route 66
This old Powerhouse is now a visitor center and also houses a museum.
Display about a book The 66 Kid. I am very interested in reading it and the history and life on route 66 in its hay day.
Reading parts of The Grapes of Wrath on migration west
Cute displays of old stores
I say this about West TX heat all the time… It’s a dry heat!
Looked all over for another one but never found it so onto this one…see that right there? Yes the pipe. Take off the top and a geocache is hidden in there! I logged one right on Route 66! So excited!
Jeff’s photography skills put to the test while I am driving down the highway! These turned out really nice though!
Made it to Hoover Dam! Looking back at the Tillman Bridge we crossed over the river on!
We started our tour with a video on the making of the Dam
And a crammed full elevator ride down and we were in the dam
Tunnels build originally to reroute the river during building
Reading about the making in the visitor center
And the views from atop the visitor center were amazing! This is looking back at the Tillman Bridge
Pappy taking in the view
And some views of the lake side of the dam
Granny rubbing the angels feet for luck
And because some things are just so dumb they are funny I took these pictures! They made me chuckle!
We stopped just up the rode and Jeff and I ventured out to walk onto the Tillman Bridge. It was amazing! The view and the massiveness of the structure itself. Just WOW!
And back on the road some lake views of the recreational area for Lake Mead
And our 1st stop back in Vegas was Hard Rock Hotel and Casino where Granny and Pappy would be spending their week! Not only them but tons of KISS fans!!
Nice room Pap! I love the wallpaper and swanky feel
And yes I took a selfie of myself in their walkin shower lol
My thumbs up pic I was sending back to TX Granny!
After check in we strolled down the rode to our abode… New York New York Hotel and Casino!
Lady Liberty welcoming us!
A quick check in, drop stuff off and we made a trip to the strip. Supper at the food court and on our way to a show!
Our hotel from across the walkway
looking back at the Excalibur
We saw Vegas! The Show at Planet Hollywood. It was a really great show. A historical look at the shows that graced the stages during the hay days of Vegas. The entertainers we all love to hear. The performers were so fun and the showgirls were gorgeous. A fun way to spend our 1st night in the big city.
Afterwards we walked to HardRock and back to our hotel. The view was so cool! look at all the lights
A couple of the many transformers we saw roaming around
The Brooklyn Bridge outside our hotel
And a replica Statue of Liberty made of chocolate at the Hershey World!
And in our hotel the hustle and bustle!
