Friday, January 29, 2010

an early birthday celebration

Thursday evening we had the family over for an impromptu birthday dinner for Jeff. His birthday is Saturday but since we are in the midst of some snow and such it wouldn't have been possible for everyone to be here.

It was kind of funny because we made plans via texting that afternoon so I just figured I wouldn't say anything to Jeff and let it be a surprise. So he gets home and about the time I say "oh by the way, everyone is coming for dinner", the back door opens with the 1st of our guests! LOL Perfect timing!

Aunt Al made the cake and for that reason the weather was super important since she lives a little ways away. She has become quite the little cake lady and when she asked about making Jeff a cake I was super excited! Here is the cake! The top half is chocolate cake and the bottom half is french vanilla and it was yummmmmy!


Ready to blow out the candles


The 1st go round, Matt was upset cause he didn't get them blown out.


So we lit them and tried again


Then he decided to run his finger through the icing


But Aunt Al got him after the 2nd go round!


Abbye and Kirby


Wii playing


Matt demonstrating how the monster trucks flipped over