Saturday was my group run! It was a fantastic run; the best one yet! I took a pitcher of Green Monster smoothies for everyone to try. I even talked to my coach after the run about being a mentor for the next training session! How cool is that! I told her of course I will do it; it’s a great way to stick with running because I would have a commitment to be there!
Then after I got home we cooked up an impromtu breakfast and headed to granny and pappy’s to swim! Then it was home to relax until time to go to Pa’s.
Austin with his eyes on the cornhole game
Matt playing catch with Uncle Johnny
Pappy, Aunt Connie with Annie and Pa
Another cool cake from Aunt Al
After eating we walked down the street to watch the parade
Standing: Dusty, Al, Jeff Sitting: Jessica, Abbye, Connie, Bryson, Mason, Matt, Granny
Watertown’s parade is a different sort of parade. The participants and the crowd brings water guns and such and spray each other. So this year, at a certain point in the parade here comes the police car and these guys with the no squirt zone signs! From here on back in the parade there is to be no praying of water.
Matt finally jumped out to get some candy
But then while Mason and Bryson were in the road getting more, Matt was on the sidewalk scooping their pile into his pile!
Bryson scooping his candy back!
Stuffing Jeff’s pockets with candy for the walk back to Pa’s
The kiddos getting a ride back up the hill
Granny brought some popits for the little guys. They really liked them once they got the hang of them
