Monday, December 27, 2010

on the road back to TX

After getting some rest we loaded up and left the hotel at 5am Mountain Time.

We got to see the most amazing sunrise in Northern New mexico

It is scenery like this that I fall in love with! I love the desert mountains

We drove and drove and drove and before long we were crossing the TX state line

We took a detour in Amarillo and headed to Canyon to drive thru the Palo Duro Canyon State Park. The Palo Duro Canyon is the 2nd largest in the US! What a breathtaking site it was!IMG_3333 logo

IMG_3338 logo

IMG_3339 logo IMG_3345 logo

IMG_3360 logo

IMG_3362 logo

IMG_3373 logo

IMG_3380 logo

IMG_3384 logo

IMG_3386 logo

IMG_3388 logo

IMG_3401 logo

IMG_3405 logo

this is what I love. the rocks are gorgeous, no trees blocking the view… as much as I love and miss West TX, the panhandle-plains are just as wonderful!

IMG_3417 logo

mule deer safe in the state parkIMG_3411 logo

We got to mom’s about 7pm Central time and once there it was time to open more presentsIMG_3425 logo

IMG_3426 logo

IMG_3428 logo

IMG_3429 logo

IMG_3431 logo

IMG_3432 logo

IMG_3435 logo

IMG_3442 logo

IMG_3444 logo

IMG_3445 logo

IMG_3448 logo

By this time we were beat! We went to the apartment for the night!