Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Zoo trip with friends

Wednesday morning was member morning at the zoo. It opens and hour early for members and they have free carousel rides! So we met up with Christy, Luke and Evelyn to have some zoo fun.

I tried to get a good picture before we went in and this is what I get…IMG_6365 logo

IMG_6374 logo

IMG_6375 logo

On our way into the zooIMG_6378 logo

IMG_6381 logo

The 1st picture inside the park every time is the hyacinths! They are right as you go on and I cant help but snap a shot!IMG_6382 logo

We went to the carousel 1st to get in a couple rides before the time was up!

IMG_6387 logo

IMG_6397 logo

IMG_6399 logo

and of course the picture i finally get of matt smiling is blurry and an odd exposure due to being on the wrong setting when i turned to face the sun!IMG_6402 logo

IMG_6407 logo

IMG_6412 logo

On our 2nd trip matt wanted an animal that moved up and down so we found the cheetah

IMG_6425 logo

and luke got the clouded leopard next to usIMG_6426 logo

trying our hand at taking a picture in the mirrorIMG_6429 logo

then it was off the see the giraffesIMG_6444 logo

IMG_6446 logo

and the elephantsIMG_6466 logo

IMG_6463 logo

she sure can give me some serious looks!IMG_6467 logo

I like to call this shot “the three butts!”IMG_6470 logo

if you look super close in the center front of the glass tube, you can barely see matts hair sticking up in there! he isnt quite tall enough yetIMG_6473 logo

IMG_6481 logo

IMG_6486 logo

IMG_6498 logo

IMG_6500 logo

IMG_6508 logo

IMG_6517 logo

the boys took control of the map and showed us where to go next… flamingo time!

IMG_6524 logo

IMG_6528 logo

IMG_6529 logo

IMG_6530 logo

IMG_6536 logo

and of course the playground was a hit!IMG_6545 logo

IMG_6554 logo

IMG_6560 logo

IMG_6564 logo

IMG_6565 logo

IMG_6566 e logo

IMG_6567 logo

IMG_6568 logo

After some playtime we stopped off for a bite at the little eatery. I had started to get a headache earlier and needed to try to eat something. Well I had a yummy taco salad and matt ate a hot dog and fries. I knew almost instantly that my headache wasnt going away and that it was bound for a migraine. So matt and I went ahead and headed home. We had to stop a couple times on the way but finally made it and we both took a nap! It was just what I needed. I wasnt feeling 100% but figured I needed to go to class so we headed back to town. I am glad I went to class because my teacher is really full of great info!

So with the exception of a migraine, it really was a great day!