Well today didnt quite go as well as hoped! Matthew was supposed to start swim lessons.
He was excited all day to go! He would ask nearly every hour if it was time yet. So finally we leave the house, pay some bills, grab a snack and he falls asleep on the way to swim lessons. He sleeps a few minutes in the car then when I wake him he is super excited because we are already there!
We run across the parking lot in the rain! Go inside and he gets his trunks on. We go get a seat on the edge of the pool to wait the 15 minutes until lessons start.
Then at time for class a girl comes over to ask if he are there for swim lessons. I said yes and could tell by looking at her face that they were cancelled. She said the front desk said they called and left a message. I knew immediately they must have called the home phone. Why did I put both numbers on the form? Why not just the darn cell number?
Instantly Matt was in tears. He climbed in my lap and just cried and cried. The lady came back over and said he was welcome to swim if he wanted. When I tried to talk to him about staying to swim and practice he said he just wanted to go home. Dakota, one of his teachers from last year at swim lessons came over to say hi. He asked what was wrong and I told him that we came for lessons but they were cancelled and he felt so bad. He even asked Matt if he wanted to swim for a bit and Matt said that he was "too dissappointed to swim".
I felt so bad for him. We got his bag and went to change clothes. He was just sobbing. That upset devasted kind of sobs. My heart was breaking for him. We had talked about swimming for a couple weeks and today he was just so ready to go.
So we went by the front desk on the way out and the lady apologized that they didnt call both numbers. She gave matt some candy and said she was so sorry. Our plan is to do a couple private lessons next week and then look into trying for the next either March or April session of swim lessons (or both).
I learned a valuable lesson today... dont give out my home number if we arent going to answer the phone; check the caller ID; or check the messages! Only put down my cell number on all forms from here on out cause that thing never leaves my side!
