Well originally I was going to make our big announcement on this day but keeping a secret sure is hard! LOL
This morning Matt and I went to my 2nd official OB appointment. We are still due Oct 26th and will be doing a scheduled c-section the week before just not sure of the date yet! I kind of like this being able to plan it thing! I am having some eye issues (red swollen burning and such) so Dr Hamburger called me in some drops. I got a kick out of him cause he wouldnt even come close to my eye to look at it. He said he doesnt like eyes, that they wierd him out and there is no way he could have ever been an eye dr! LOL Him being an OB, I just thought that was funny! I mean I would look at eyes anyday over ... well you know! hhahaha
So then he grabs the doppler and as I lay down he says that being just over 10 weeks is still early and we may not hear the heartbeat. He tries it anyways and of course doesnt hear it. I know it is early but still my heart sank. He didnt even skip a beat before saying that he was sending me across the hall for a quick ultrasound because there was no way he was letting me leave and possibly be stressed since we didnt hear it. Of course there were no open u/s appointments until afternoon but I wasnt about to drive home so we hung around to be worked in.
The lady doing the u/s was the lady from the 1st one when Matt swore there were 5 babies. And once again he was saying there were 5! When she first started the machine I think I was holding my breath not really sure what we would find. I saw the baby, looking much bigger and more baby like than before and knew it was ok. Then with a close look there was the heart flickering! What a great relief. The heartbeat was 168. Littlebit was wiggling around and waving both arms and legs. Was so cute. Even was clear enough to see the fingers.
So 3 hours later after what should have been an hour visit, we were finally ready to leave. Lunch time with Granny at Chick-fil-A then we had to go sign some papers from Matt's speech eval we did a while back.
They like to see the scores for receptive and verbal at between 90-100 for each. Well when we first tested him Fall 2009 he scored 90 in receptive which was normal but only 60 in verbal which was why he qualified. This time he scored 112 in receptive so above average and also 120 in verbal! How awesome! So needless to say we are done with speech! I am so proud of him! Now if he will learn to watch his mouth and be quiet when he needs to things will be just fine!
