Monday, September 12, 2011

NCC Beginning Day Event

This years Beta Sigma Phi beginning day event with Nashville City Council (a chapter governing body) was held at the Bicentennial Mall Capitol State Park in Downtown Nashville.

The 1st thing I learned was that this area is a State Park. Very interesting. We set up under the railroad trussles for dinner and meeting.

View from my seat up the hill of the capitol building

One reason we were there was to find the brick purchase by NCC years back when the complex was built. Here it is!!

View inside the park

A view looking towards the ampitheater

Cannon County on the huge walk on map

Suzi and her hometown!

This area is so awesome and full of TN state history. The park ranger talked for a bit and explained the park and the history. It is truly amazing how they have put it all together. I was telling Jeff all about it and I cant wait to go back and take some time to walk around the area and read all about the county history as well as the state history. Very fascinating!!

We then sat down to BBQ dinner before the monthly NCC meeting was held. I am so glad to have been able to go to this special event!

Another interesting thing was a man walking around taking pictures. He actually lives near by and it’s a hobby of his to take pictures of people enjoying the park. He has a website he uploads everything too and it also has video of the construction process of the park. He took several good pics of Suzi and I so I wanted to include them here as well!

017bcmsp091211

057bcmsp091211

060bcmsp091211

061bcmsp091211

062bcmsp091211

063bcmsp091211

064bcmsp091211

065bcmsp091211

066bcmsp091211

What a fun evening and I learned so much about the state!