Saturday, January 18, 2014

DZ Retreat TIME!!

I didnt head to retreat until Sat afternoon because Jeff worked Fri and I needed to attend the county comm meeting Sat morning.  But I got packed up and made my way and was there by 12:30pm.
This year we changed it up and checked out Rock Island State Park.IMG_1465
I pulled up to the cabin as the girls (minus Suzi and Becky) were coming back from their morning hike.  These are Jenn’s pics from their hike but I had to include them!
Melanie kicking it old school with a pay phone! 1549480_10152386809403787_1435427340_n
Sarah and Carrie
1560630_10152386810083787_976326026_n 
Jenny and Mia
1528743_10152386810408787_173876264_n
After they got cleaned up we went to find some lunch!  Took a bit to get there and after going out of the way only to find out the place we were looking for is closed until dinner we just found a mexican place cause you cant go wrong with chips and salsa!IMG_1476
Jenn, Melanie, Karla and I made a stop by the store before heading back.  Once back we stopped to check out the creepy building AKA old cotton mill and the Great Falls
IMG_2221 s
IMG_2208 s
IMG_2212 s
IMG_2214 s
IMG_2216 s IMG_2217 s
IMG_2219 s 
IMG_2222 s
IMG_2224 s
Jenn’s cell phone pic of me taking building pics74079_10152386813148787_1996570746_n
IMG_2228 s
The spring across the road
IMG_2225 s
 IMG_2238 s
IMG_2242 s
IMG_2248 s
This is one cross walk where pedestrians do not have the right of way!IMG_2251 s
IMG_2253 s
IMG_2259 s
IMG_2262 s
IMG_2265 s
This trail was blocked off so we didnt make it very far at all but could see the gorge and falls
IMG_2268 s
IMG_2272 s
IMG_2275 s
IMG_2281 s
Back at the cabin for some crochet and knitting fun and lessons! and lots of chatting and laughing and good fun!IMG_2283 s
IMG_2284 s
IMG_2285 s
IMG_2286 s
Activities Comm came up with a wine tasting program.  Here we are getting it all together.  The official DZ Ball party!IMG_2287 s
IMG_2288 s
IMG_2289 s
We asked everyone to bring a ball themed hatIMG_2291 s
IMG_2292 s
Us crazy girls with our ball hats!IMG_2294 s
IMG_2297 s
We munched and spent the evening talking and crocheting.  My first dish cloth in the making here!
IMG_1472