Wednesday, March 31, 2010

saying goodbye to Doby

This morning when I woke up I found that we had lost one of our pets. Our hedgehog, Doby, had passed away during the night.

So this afternoon we had a burial service for Dobster. We found him a box, wrapped him in his favorite pouch and tucked him inside.


Matt wanted to help Dad dig the hole.


After we put the box inside Matt was ready to fill it back in with dirt.





We tried to explain to him that Doby was in the box and that he had died. We explained that when you die it means that you stop breathing. He just said ok. I don't think he has any idea what has happened and what we were doing digging a hole for a box in the back yard. One of these days I expect him to ask where Doby is and then we will explain it to him again.

We placed a huge rock on top RIP Doby 8/24/05 - 3/31/10