I don't have one single picture from today as it was non stop and I completely forgot to take any even though I carried my camera with me all day!
Today officially began my training for a half marathon. Christy and I met with the rest of the training group in town at 6:15am. We did a 3 min warm up walk followed by alternating a 1 min run / a 1 min walk.... and so on for half an hour. We did more of the run/walk combos then expected but we did not do them all. Some of them in the middle there ended up being walk/walk combos but all is good! You got to start somewhere. I used my ipod walking tracker and it showed 2.37 miles in 32 minutes so not to bad for day 1. The program we are doing is actually 2 parts. Part 1 is to train for a 5K and it takes you through the 1st 13 weeks. Part 2 actually starts the half marathon training and goes for another 13 weeks. The half marathon we are signing up for is October 16th so we have some time to get in the hang of it.
Surprisingly, I felt better actually doing a light jog than I do when doing a fast walk. It is all about how your body holds and where you land on your feet and such but I had no calf issues at all so that is a huge plus!
After making it home just in time for Jeff to head to work, it was time to get ready for the day. Matt woke up just as I got done with a shower and our day began. He was in such a feisty little mood.
We went to speech and he practiced his arguing and negotiating skills. But he did a great job with his word and wound pronunciation! One funny thing was a new flash card that he had to try. The word was paddle boat and he said it perfect but the problem was the picture didn't look like a paddle boat, it looked more like the titanic. So he says "its not a paddle boat. its a ship". his teacher explained that while it didn't look like a boat it indeed was a boat not a ship. So he said "paddle boat? no its a paddle ship!" Both teachers laughed and his one says "stubborn much?" hehehehe
so after the fun at speech we picked up granny and headed to town for lunch. oh what an interesting experience it was with matthew in his mood. he was quite the little butt and refused to eat and sit still and you name it, he refused it. I have tried to block out the experience but I do remember at one point holding onto his face and telling him to "look at me" and his reply was "no mom you look at me." that was hard to keep from laughing but man was he something else.
after that it was time to brave the pool. with the way he was acting there was no telling how that was going to go. he keep up the little attitude until we got into the pool and then he was just fine and played and actually swam.
he swam from one bar to the other with his head underwater, holding his breath, paddling with his arms and kicking with his feet! i plan on having the camera with me tomorrow to get some video of him actually swimming! he did so good!! and granny and i swam while he did his lessons also. needless to say he was asleep before no time on the drive home!
he stayed asleep when i got him out of the car so as soon as jeff got home we got the yard mowed before calling it a day. i was still kicking along and feeling pretty darn good until i finally sat down! seems that an early morning walk, a busy day, and then 2 hours in the pool is enough to wear a person out! now its almost 9pm and i am ready for bed! my eye lids are getting heavy and my legs are ready for some rest!
