Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco in the Gulch 5K

Saturday afternoon I went to get Christy and we headed to Nashville for the Cinco in the Gulch 5k! The Gulch area of downtown is one I have never been in. It was a really neat place. We found a parking spot a little ways away from the party area. Went to get our packet then back to the car to drop stuff off then back to the stating line. Whew I was worn out from just that. We saw a couple friends and made our way to the back of the starting line.

me and baby ready to race


Of course for a cinco de mayo race there has to be margaritas!!








and we are off


looking up the big capitol hill. yikes that things went on and on and on


looking back down the hill


christy and the capitol thing


runners heading to the finish line and the 10k'ers headed for round 2 as we are on the bridge over looking making our way down there to finish up








finish line is in sight


after crossing the finish line it was time for a drink and some mexican food!





do you see what I see??? hmmmmm


It was a fun race. We did a few jogging spurts but other than that we just walked and enjoyed it. I finished and actually felt great!!

Here are our official results!
Christy Jordan 50:46 16:23

Jennifer Bane 50:47 16:23