Friday, October 28, 2011

Dr Day

Friday morning we were up and gone early to make my check up appointment. I saw Dr H and he said all looks great. It was a rather quick and easy appointment even with getting my blood drawn. Dad and Matt had stayed in the car playing on the ipod while I took Silas in with me to show him off. Of course I had to introduce him to Lauren, the nurse practitioner who made it all happen. I thanked her for helping us and couldnt do it without tearing up. It was a long journey to this day but one I wouldnt trade thats for sure.

Of course we had to grab breakfast after the dr so we were bound for ihop.

trying out the whip cream on his scary face pancake

sipping dads coffee

Matt commented while drinking the coffee “this is the best lunch ever. we get to color and drink coffee and eat pancakes” Hehehe it was too funny!

Then it was home for a quick nap then back to town to meet baby brothers new pediatrician. His appointment went great. He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was measured at 19 inches long. His dr seems to be a really nice guy. He looked him over and said he is looking great! We are going to reweigh him next week and see if he is back up to birth weight.

That evening we got a visit from More Granny and Aunt Karen

Granny came over to visit with them also and then before long Aunt Connie, Uncle Bobby and Abbye and Austin came by to hang for a bit. It was a nice time visiting. The guys played wii of course and this is how they were when company left.

even little brother joined in and watched the race