Wednesday was officially baby day! We took some pictures with the new big brother that morning! I love these!
Big brother Matthew even got a special treat – an ice cream sandwich for breakfast!
then Matthew went to hang out with Pappy while me and dad headed to the hospital. We got there and got to our room. Started getting all the pre surgery stuff ready. We got to there a little after 10am (to the room) and when Dr H came in to see me about 11am he said he would be back at 12 and we could get started.
Granny, Pappy and Matt came to hang out with us during the pre op stuff. I was starting to get nervous right before time! Took 3 tries for my IV and after 2 blown veins I was so glad try #3 worked! I even walked myself to the OR! Of course it then took 2 goes at the spinal before it got it and it felt like forever before Jeff came in.
And here he is! Silas Randall born 12:36pm 10/19/11 weighing in at 7lbs 3 oz 19 1/2 inches long. He screamed and screamed!
Dad went with him to the nursery while I was finishing up.
Jeff brought him to the room after I got back in there. Unfortunately the main side effect I had from the spinal was uncontrollable shaking. I was given demoral in my IV at that point (along with a couple times given something because my blood pressure had fallen). I kept feeling hot and just kinda of sick.
Granny and Pappy took Matt to eat then brought him back to meet baby brother for the 1st time! Matt says he is awesome. When he holds him he keeps saying sssssshhhh. It is so adorable!
After Matthew met him then Granny and Pappy came in to meet him officially after seeing him through the nursery window earlier. And then Aunt Connie, Uncle Bobby, Austin and Abbye came to visit.
It was during this time that I got so hot and threw up. Oh man did that hurt my stomach. Yikes. But of course I got a fan right as I was done and that helped tremendously! Then we were headed to the post partum room for the rest of my stay.
Our 1st family of 4 picture! I am so in love with these guys!
He had to hold him again before leaving!
Matt rode home with Granny and Pappy and Jeff followed a little bit later. I broke out my drink umbrellas to enjoy my “vacation”! LOL
Sometime during the night I took these pics. Figured if we gotta be up at 2am why not snag a pic of mom and her new little man.
The night went pretty smooth thankfully! I was so glad to be able to get out of bed and walk around about 4am. Stretching my legs felt great!
Here are some of granny’s pics from her view in the waiting room. Big brother wasnt too interested because cartoons were on but he did sneak a peek a time or two. I think he felt left out cause dad was in there with baby and he couldnt be.
For a 1st day I would say this one was pretty darn successful!
