Friday, October 14, 2011

last baby dr appt

Well the time has come that I had my last visit with Dr H before our delivery! It was quite funny when I was telling Matthew that it would be our last time to go to the dr and he gets wide eyed and all serious and says "will they cut your belly open today?" Oh no not today bub it is just our last time to go listen to brother at the dr. When we got there I explained to him that next week on baby day we will go to the hospital building right next door where he was born and then brother will be here.

So in the office we go. I get called back and weighed. Looks like a total gain of 23 - 25 lbs depending on my scale or dr scale! So not too bad at all! I get to do the pee in the cup thing then get blood pressure taken. This is where something way too funny happened. Matthew and I were sitting in the back hall outside the 3 exam rooms that were still full. Matt had brought in his elf doll and was playing with him. For some reason he starts talking about the lack of weiner on the elf and that it needed to be pulled out. I told him that the elf didnt have one and he needed to not talk about weiners at the dr. Then he says "Mom you pull his weiner please because you are an expert at pulling on weiners." Uhhhhhh WHAT??? Oh goodness thank the lord that we were alone and no one else could hear that. My face must have been ten shades of red. It was too darn funny!

So I get him on another subject and we were taken to our room. The student nurse found the baby's heartbeat and all was well. I once again decided to be the trouble maker and refuse to be checked. I mean there is no reason to since I was already scheduled for next week anyways. My regular nurse was cool with it and said Dr H wouldnt be concerned either as long as I wasnt having any issues.

He came in and when I mentioned how things were fine and couldnt get much easier he shushed me and told he he is superstitious and he didnt want me to jinx him cause we aint done yet! LOL After measuring my belly he said all sounded great and that he will see me Wed for delivery day!

He also reassured me that he is on call this weekend in case we needed anything! So with that, we went to check out and didnt have to make another appointment! Wow how crazy! Kind of bittersweet after the past year and how often we had been going both in getting pregnant and during the pregnancy. I am going to miss that place! hahaha

The best part of the day was that Matthew said he wanted to go to the fire place and eat shrimp for lunch and so we did! Just a mom and son lunch at the hibachi place complete with shrimp and sushi! Love this kid and cant wait to see him in his new role as a big brother!