Friday, August 13, 2010

Almost halfway through August already!

Our project to kick off the month was to stain/seal the playset. The 1st morning I set out to get started, I had company. Needless to say, I didnt get anything done that morning!

Matt thought he had to help to he got a bucket of water so he could “paint” too. This lasted 5 minutes and he was done!IMG_4200 logo

We enjoyed our last summer series movie on the 3rd, Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel. Then we spent the remainder of the week being lazy! (I did manage to work on the playset a couple more mornings before Matt woke up and now time for a second coat)

Mica hanging out

IMG_4255 logo

Sunday the guys played some baseball before evening churchIMG_4288 logo

IMG_4298 logo

IMG_4324 logo

Then after service it was ice cream supper time! Matt spent most all of the night playing in the gravel with Max!

Monday morning we kicked it off with a nature walk around the Discovery Center

Then feeding the ducks

Then time for the Parents & Tots program. Matthew went to sit up front with the other kids and really enjoyed himself.

After the program, craft and snack we spent a few hours playing and playing and playing! We explored much more of the DC then ever before due to the train table being gone. We asked about it was were told it broke so it was removed.

He looks so grumpy but this was faked.

this is what he was doing before i asked him to smile for the picture above.

I was able to go Monday and Tuesday night to some meetings so that I can be a mentor for the next running training program! I am so excited about that and cant wait!

on wednesday matthew learned how to play dont break the iceIMG_4383 logo

and how to be a train engineer

IMG_4388 logo

friday we met with some of the moms group for a playdate at patterson park. it has an indoor child area that was so cool!

Matt and Gabriel

As you can tell from the pics, he had a blast! I cant wait to go back!

Now that the blog is updated for the time being, it is time for an early bed for myself. We have the Fenton Payne & Fred 5K in the morning! This is the 5K that the training program we have been doing is ending with! Christy, Sarah, Carrie and myself have given it all we got for the past 12 weeks and tomorrow should be fun! Christy and I will both be mentors for the next training group as well as increasing our own training for an upcoming 10K and half marathon!

I will report back soon with pictures from the race and hopefully my best 5K time yet!