Tuesday was travel day. Matthew and I left the house at 4:30am and made it to mom’s at 6pm. It was actually an uneventful drive. Matt was really good and had a couple naps on the road. I got some out of the blue texts from a high school friend who saw I was coming to TX in facebook and decided to give me a hard time. But other than that, nothing exciting to report!
We met mom at the office then went to her place. When we walked in Matthew spotted the fish tank and says “ Thank you so much TX granny for getting this!” It was hilarious!
After getting to mom’s we made a trip to WalMart and what’s the 1st thing I see…
Gotta love some burnt orange converse knockoffs! Hahahaha
Wednesday morning I got up early and waited for it to not be quite so dark before venturing out for a run. Mom lives on a pretty busy 2 lane highway with decent shoulders on each side so I figured if I stay on the shoulder it wouldnt be too bad. But once I got out there I realized it wasnt the safest or smartest move I have ever made. Mom lives kind of between 2 curves and a hill so the road isnt the safest I dont reckon. And the speed limit is going from 55 to 70 so cars are most always hauling butt! The entire time running all I could think about was the slightest move from a passing car or a tire blow out or even a rock getting thrown my way, I would be a goner. Not the most pleasant of thoughts for a nice relaxing morning run. But it went well, no near misses and I made it back safe and sound but a little more stressed out than I started! LOL
We then got ready and made our way to town to do some work at the apartments. Then a quick trip by gran’s to start cutting material for Matt’s halloween costume.
Then Matt and I stopped to get our hair cut. Here are the results!
We just spent the rest of the day running around and hanging out.
Before we began our running around on Thursday, matt and mater were playing!
Then it was off to work at the apts again
Then a trip to the party store for some things for Grayson’s party on Friday.
You have to love a party store that has an entire section of Longhorn stuff!
Not to mention some time with Edward!
Then it was back to Gran!
Here she is putting some final stitches on the costume. I have many fond memories of Gran at her sewing machine. She has made some awesome things through out the years!
The final costume fitting (just need a few game day adjustments). Here is little papa smurf in the making!
Then it was time for more running around then back to mom’s for the night!
We got the favor bags all filled up and Matt got to try on a clown nose! He wanted to see what it looked like so we went to check it out in the mirror! Too cute!
Now to see what the busy weekend has in store!
