Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Grand Ole Opry!

Well I have lived in TN for 5 years and had yet to go check out the Grand Ole Opry. Well once Jeff heard that his guys, Montgomery Gentry, were playing the opry, he was all about getting some tickets!

So after a busy day filled with meet the teacher and Matt’s 1st speech visit since May (both another post), Matthew went to Granny and Pappy’s while Jeff and I headed to the Ryman! The Opry House is still closed due to flood damage from May.

Look whose tour bus was parked right out front!

IMG_6086 s logo

IMG_6091 s logo

IMG_6092 s logo

The view from our seatsIMG_6094 logo

Some of the ornate decorative work around the theaterIMG_6097 logo

Minnie Pearl impersonator came out to give us the low down on the show and such

IMG_6098 logo

Jim Ed Brown kicked off the showIMG_6109 logo

The Carolina Chocolate Drops were awesome!IMG_6113 logo

IMG_6117 logo

Jimmy C Newman – the cajun sensation was quite humorousIMG_6126 logo

IMG_6131 logo

The last act of the 1st half was Chris Young! I just love him!IMG_6138 logo

IMG_6142 logo

IMG_6147 logo

To kick off the 2nd half we had Whispering Bill Anderson!IMG_6177 logo

IMG_6179 logo

IMG_6183 logo

And Little Big Town! They were even better in person than on the radio! Wow what great harmony and voices they have. The song “Lean Into It” was the last one they did and it was amazing!IMG_6189 logo

IMG_6193 logo

IMG_6198 logo

IMG_6203 logo

Little Jimmy Dickens was quite hilarious! He will be turning 90 this year and is still on his game. IMG_6210 logo

IMG_6213 logo

IMG_6234 logo

Eddie Montgomery waiting in the wingsIMG_6246 logo

And the moment we were waiting for… Here comes Montgomery Gentry!IMG_6252 logo

IMG_6254 logo

IMG_6266 logo

IMG_6272 logo

IMG_6280 logo

IMG_6285 logo

We walked out the side door and as we got on the sidewalk, I turned around to talk to Jeff and coming out the very same door behind us was Eddie Montgomery! How cool was that! Jeff didnt want to rush up for a picture or autograph so we just hung out like stalkers taking his picture and enjoying being so close to his man!

I told Jeff to walk over by the crowd so I could at least get him in the picture! hahahaha So there he is over on the far left of the picture in his TX hat grinning ear to ear!

What a fantastic night! I cant believe I have missed 5 years of great performances! Maybe this needs to be a monthly thing to catch a show at the opry!