Saturday, August 14, 2010

random funny things

 

Just some funny things that have gone on around here lately and conversations we have had lately

Scenario 1:  Matthew rode to work with Jeff on a Saturday because I was running so after I was done I just went to get him then we came home.  While at work with dad he was given a pop tart from a co-worker. 

Well, the leftover pop tart rode home with us, then when we got home he said he was done so it got thrown in the trash.  That night he kept saying he wanted to get his pop tart.  I didnt really understand him or have any idea what he was talking about because we never have pop tarts so they arent every day topics.  So finally he says “the one that girl gave me at dads work”.  I asked him what girl and he says “the girl thats old like you mom”.  So I ask Jeff who he actually got the pop tart from because I thought I knew and yes I was correct.  The girl thats old like me happens to a be a women in her fifties!  Thanks Matt!

 

Scenario 2:  As I stand in the bathroom putting on makeup Matt walks past and asks “What is that you are putting on your face mom?”  I tell him its my make up and he asks “will it make you run and jump?”  I say “no, it makes me pretty” to which he turns to walk off and says “no not really.” 

 

Scenario 3:  After using the restroom matt goes and jumps on our bed with nothing but a tshirt on.  He is sitting on Jeffs pillow and he says “mom why is this bed wet?”  I told him it better not be wet.  He laughs and says “I just dripped”.  I laughed so hard and spent the entire day laughing about Matthew dripping on Jeff’s pillow.  Well I go into our bedroom later that evening to discover that both Jeff and my pillows are on the floor.  Identical pillows mixed up on the floor.  I have no idea which one he dripped on.  Great!  Jokes on me I guess! 

 

Scenario 4:  One afternoon while watching TV, Matthew had to go to the bathroom.  He will usually holler at us to push stop even when its a tv show cause he hates to miss his shows.  Well he came out of the bathroom without his pants and undies.  He came to me and said “mom i just need to put a diaper on.”  I asked him why in the world he needs a diaper and he says “so i dont miss my show to go pee, i can just use my diaper”.  Uhhh I think not! 

 

Scenario 5:  While discussing Matthew’s upcoming birthday party he informs me that he only wants to invite his brothers and sisters.  Well that may be quite a lonely party!  I ask him who his brothers and sisters are and he thinks for a minute and says “ohhh hahahaha i dont have any”.  I laugh and ask who he want to invite instead and he says “just mom and dad and mica and oz”.  Looks like if he had control of the invite list it may be a pretty small and boring party! 

 

It’s never a dull moment around here!